Saturday, February 4, 2012

free desk re-do!

I love free stuff...who doesn't???

My dear friend Stacey gave me a fabulous desk...for FREE!!! I saw the look in her eye when I quickly said "yes, I want it"...I've seen that look before...like people don't want to give me stuff because they're afraid I'll make it cute and they will regret it...well....I cant help it...so here is the before:
and here is what she looks like now:

and here is how I did it:

First, I took off all the hardware and gave her a light sand




I usually only do a light sand since I am going to distress it anyway...


after two coats of antique white
I distressed with my trusty mouse sander...spray painted the hardware with amazing rubbed bronze
spray paint by RUST-oleum. and ta da!!!

the perfect laptop desk for the master bedroom...ahhhh...love it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment