Friday, March 23, 2012

my mommy's cameo project

Today, I did a little project...one with meaning to me...so, in a sense, it wasn't little..but in size terms....it's little.
I have many of my mom's little treasures, they remind me of her and of my childhood as most of the items I wanted to have and display were things I had grown up with and remembered. Ever since I can remember, my mom had this little cameo hanging in her room or bathroom.
 

I don't know where it came from, if it was a gift from someone, or just something she found and loved but it reminds me of being in my mommy's room, laying on her bed, smelling her smell and it brings back such great memories....but it is also gold...."gold"...It has been hanging in my bathroom and sticking out like a sore thumb so I thought I would give it a little update....

First...I took it all apart  
I then spray painted all the "paintable" pieces heirloom white
I cut out a scrap piece of burlap for the background and mod podged it on
I then added some robin's egg blue paint into the mix
Put her all back together....and
taaaa daaaaa!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment