Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Love me some French Provincial!


If you don’t know by now that I am a furniture junkie….this post may clear it up….I have been on the hunt for fabulous pieces and while at thrift the other day saw a French Provincial  nightstand sitting in the back all by it’s lonesome…so with all my Thrift Store charm I asked why it wasn’t on the floor and if I could purchase it…well, it wasn’t meant to be…it had been sold…to someone else…and wasn’t waiting all alone in the back, it had friends that had already gone to their new home but there was no room for the nightstand so they were on their way back to get her….FOOEY!!! (also-if you know me-that is NOT what I said….lol)

So I kept my eyes out for pretty French looking pieces to no avail….UNTIL…I came across a craigslist ad that offered three pieces….chest of drawers, nightstand and dresser….uh….SOLD!!! I roped hubby into going with me in case of axe murder, etc….plus…he has the truck….we went and got the furniture in absolutely beautiful condition but it was the 1960’s look of white and gold….which I like, but we could find something just as wonderful to give the beauties new life.

I decided on colors and did the dresser and nightstand the same, and went a little different on the chest of drawers. (which deserves her own post) Here are the before pictures:


And here are the AFTER:




Ta daaaa!!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment