Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Absent from blogging– but busy creating….


Well, it’s been a while since I have last posted – but not because I haven’t been creating like mad, but because I have been too busy to post step by step pics along the way….

I first was working on a great friend’s cabinets – They weren’t bad cabinets…just old…oak…I didn’t take before pictures because, honestly, I was somewhat overwhelmed with the project and thought I’d better get started right away. The cabinets looked something like these:
But…worse…lol.

My task was 3 bathrooms, a credenza-ish sort of thing and a bar….easy enough…shabby chic here we come!! I convinced said good friend to do dark reclaim in the bigger bathrooms to bring some contrast in to which she agreed…although, bad for us….the dark brown didn’t photograph well, so you will just have to take my word that they are fabulous….

In order to paint the cabinets I used a primer, then a primer and paint in one – then distressed – then the water based poly.

Anyhow, here are the AFTER pictures only…and only of the white distressed….I might also add, they were taken on my camera phone...so not the best quality, but I am a proud momma, non the less.....happy painting!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment