Tuesday, March 20, 2012

bathroom cabinet refinish


I just finished "refinishing" our bathroom cabinets!!!

I use the quotations because there was no sanding/no stripping/no hard work at all!!!

Here are our cabinets before:
builder's special...but nothing special about them....

Here is how I transformed them:
taped off areas with frog tape (um...LOVE that stuff!)

Caramel Coulours RECLAIM paint (it's magic!!)
***if you are local...you can purchase at Ron's Nursery on Grand Ave in AG***

This stuff sticks to anything! Seriously, all I did was paint it on. I used a "rougher" paint brush to get streaks mimicking actual wood (and not my flat mdf builders special cabinets)

Here is how it looked just after painting:

I liked it...but didn't love it...so out came the magic sander for some distressing. I know someday my husband will ask why we cant just have furniture that isn't distressed and is just normal....BUT for now....I will distress til my heart's desire!!! That being said, here is the finished product:

ta daaaaaaaaaa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment